7/30/09

New Beginnings?

Hello intrepid readers. In my quest to no longer be at the job I no longer love... I have been interviewing. Thus far, my interviews have not turned into job offers because of various factors (budgets running dry, general incompatibility, etc.).

Today though, I had what I think was a very good first interview. Sure, I'd talked to the person on the phone and connected there but you never know what you will find when you interview with someone in person - and other people are usually involved. This was one of those first interviews that's like a great first date. You mesh, you connect, they laugh at your jokes, you both ask insightful questions, etc. I left feeling great. It's a job I would actually really like and one that I know I would excel at. The question is - do they see that?

It's the same with dating. You go on a great first date and you see yourself already in a full fledged relationship with the person. You imagine all the steps therein and all the smug enjoyment you'll get from being so happy in your relationship. This inevitably leads to a nervous anxiety that they don't feel the same way, that you were vain or stupid, that they pitied you! The same, of course, can be true of great first interviews. I haven't hit the anxiety wall yet and I hope when I do, I remember to trust my gut. My gut says it went well. My gut is probably right.

*Fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment