4/19/10

2010 Quitsville Goals - Update

Hey there blog readers, I thought it might be time for a quick check in on those mighty goals I posted back in January of 2010 (remember January? Cold and bleak... lots of time for reading indoors).

A reminder:

1. Read 52 books in 2010
2. Take the GMAT
3. Get the World Record in Dr. Mario

Progress Report:

1. Read 52 books in 2010:
Here we are, just about to start week 16 of this, our year of the Lord and I've only blogged about 13 books. I'm sure you're all aghast at the lack of progress being made here but I have to at least try to assuage your fears.

The truth of the matter is that I've actually read 19 books but I've been a little lax on the posting. I am reformed though - I've written the blog posts for all of those missing books (6 to be exact) and have them scheduled to go up over the next week or so. And then I promise - I will be better about reporting them to all of you - if only because it's hard to remember exactly how I felt upon finishing all of them after a few more have passed by!

2. Take the GMAT

Absolutely no progress. I have the requisite study aids sitting on a shelf in a prominent location in my living room - staring at me, judging me - but I am immune. I've done absolutely nothing. Eep?

3. Get the World Record in Dr. Mario


My practice has fallen back a bit and due to things I can't control (life and work mostly) I have not made it out to Funspot lately. I have, however, continued the quest for the gold by doing my darnedest to get in touch with Sir Dave Nelson, local referee for Twin Galaxies. My emails have been in vain (or possible in the spam folder) because I have received no response. NONE!

However, I did check the Funspot website today and they've scheduled the annual International Classic Game Tournament - mecca for video game nerds like yours truly. And, it's scheduled for June 3rd-6th. For those of you who don't know, my birthday happens to fall on June 7th... what better way to celebrate the anniversary of my birth than with the world record title to an obscure video game?

I'm just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment