5/19/10

Book 22 - Diary of a Wimpy Kid

I've decided to add a feature to my book blog posts and give you all a heads up on how long it takes me to read each of these books. Diary of a Wimpy Kid only took me a day (which is about what I expected) and I can't help but feel a little cheap counting it as 1 of the 52. That said, I LOVE reading quality kids' books and this book was 217 pages so I don't feel that cheap.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney is just delightful. It's everything you want a kid's book to be - both for yourself and (I can imagine) for your kids. The voice is very much that of a young boy (and a middle child) and I love the addition of the drawings.
I know I'm not the target audience here but I really enjoyed reading it. It was funny and silly and ridiculous but totally great too. I will be reading the additional installments and I have a strong feeling I'll be netflixing the movie version.

No comments:

Post a Comment