6/3/10

Funspot Arcade Tournament!

For those of you who aren't aware, this weekend is the much hallowed "International Classic Game Tournament." It actually starts today and it's the 12th annual edition of the tournamet. If I didn't have... you know, a job and a life, I'd be there. Okay, it has more to do with vacation time but still...

I clearly need to hone my Dr. Mario skills a bit more before I take on the bigs but how glorious would it be to crush the record in the presence of the biggest video game nerds around?! (I say that with all honesty.)

Check out the Tournament Page at The American Classic Arcade Museum (you guessed it, that's Funspot NH too) - a bit out of date but I'm sure there will be updates soon.

Everyone is abuzz over at the ClassicArcadeGamesForum - no I don't belong to the forum (though in the interest of full disclosure, I am considering changing that)

I know Donkey Kong is the beallendall of video game crowns but let's be honest, I'm probably not going to beat those scores - one of the reasons I like Dr. Mario - but it's interesting to think about. What game would you want to beat?

No comments:

Post a Comment