10/27/10

Kindle? Say it ain't so!

It's true dear readers. An honest to goodness Amazon Kindle has entered the household. The Kindle App was one thing (free being that one thing) - sure, I loved it; sure, I've read scads of books on it; but it was on my iPod. It didn't require another electronic device or the spending of much money (only the dollars spent on each book).

But now, we have a sleek charcoal-grey Kindle resting on our coffee table. And it already has books on it! Will I love it? Only time will tell really but you guys can count on a no-holds-barred review after I've had time to really use it.

It was purchased, of course, for the big trip coming up. Virtual books... it must be the future! Where's my hoverboard?

1 comment:

  1. I'm still a bigger fan of physical books, because I like holding them in my hands and I enjoy displaying them on a bookshelf to impress guests with my literary breadth. (Finishing all seven Harry Potter novels counts as breadth, yes?)

    You'll have to let the old fogies like me know the pros and cons of these ones and zeros.

    ReplyDelete