2/2/10

2009 Job Trends Report

I know what you're thinking - we all know where the jobs ended up last year. Down. Right, I hear ya. However, that didn't stop SimplyHired from putting together a report on the 2009 Job Trends and where we've ended up at the end of 2009.



I was first alerted to the report by Applicant (not SimplyHired themselves) but Applicant didn't seem to have all of the data so I clicked to get the full press release and then I clicked again and then, no joke, I had to click
again to finally end up with what seems to be the complete report. Granted, it's tiny and useless so you have to zoom in a few thousand times but that said, in the end, it's sort of interesting.

Some of the things I found most interesting?

  • St. Louis is the only metropolitan area that saw growth over Q4 2008 (one wonders what constitutes a metropolitan area but still, pretty impressive)
  • Charlotte is closely behind though, with no change - low bar, eh?
  • Virginia lost the least amount of jobs by state
  • North Dakota, on the other end, is the least improved of all states
  • Jackson, MS holds the title for least improved metropolitan area

Where does your state or metropolitan area rate? Check out the report.

No comments:

Post a Comment