2/3/10

52 Book Challenge - One Month In

If you're a regular reader of my blog (I know there are at least a few of you!), you've probably noticed that my book reviews have been coming out on Mondays. This serves a couple of purposes for me - it gives me a minimum of one blog post a week (which can be useful some weeks), it gives some regularity, and it's easy to keep track of where I am in the quest (i.e. I'm at week 5 and I've read 5 books = on track).

That said, I'm actually farther along than you all think. I have the next 3 books (and blog posts) already finished (and scheduled) so I can look ahead and see that I am 3 weeks ahead. The great part of this is the obvious progress chart that comes from it. I'm not in danger! I'm 3 weeks ahead - maybe I'll take advantage of that and read a longer book this week.

It occurred to me last night though, that this also presents a problem. Sure, I'm 3 weeks ahead but what happens if (when?) I finish book 52 during the 41st week? I'll have the rest of the year's blog posts planned out already - where will new books fit! I'd either have to shuffle them all in at the end and, unintentionnaly, give them short shrift, or I'd have to push them into 2011. And we don't want that either.

This is all a very long and complicated way of saying... I'm changing the structure! Don't worry dear readers - change is good. Moving forward, I'll be posting about each book as I finish it. Sometimes (like this week) that will mean 3 book posts in a week. Sometimes it will mean none. You'll have to simply take them as they come.

It's a bold new world we're embarking upon. Okay, it's not, but still. It's something anyhow.

No comments:

Post a Comment