2/12/10

Blog Post #100

I realized the other day that I was getting close to 100 posts on Quitsville. 100!? Part of my mind is completely blown by this fact. 100 posts... And theoretically there are people out there who have read each and every one of those posts. All 100 of them.

Thanks, by the way.

The other part of my mind is blown by the fact that I've written 100 posts with almost nothing to say. Okay, that's pretty self deprecating but you get the idea. My posts have ranged from unemployment to books to video games to... well, all manner of things that have nothing to do with those topics. Don't get me wrong. I've come to adore my little blog. It's made it clear to me that I NEED to be writing... something that has been ignored/obscured/etc. for the last few years.

I do not have a book contract nor do I have that many followers. I've got a Twitter handle attached to the blog and I do some shameless promotion sometimes but, it is what it is. We live in an age where everyone seems to have a blog (if not more than one) and there just isn't time to give recognition to everyone we'd like to (btw, I'm including Quitsville in the list of blogs that should be recognized).

So, Happy Birthday (or whatever) Quitsville. Here's to 100 more posts (or 1,000!).

No comments:

Post a Comment