3/2/10

Abraham Lincoln - Vampire Hunter?

Some of you folks out there might have read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies last year. If you're me - you loved it. There was talk that it would be made into a movie but alas, it has not yet come to fruition (slated for 2011 according to IMDB).

That said, I was pretty intrigued when my Google Reader lined up a post by The Daily What outlining a second book by Seth Grahame-Smith - Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Whaaaa? Oh dear.

The Daily What supplied a video which I would encourage you to view, though I am not posting it here - I don't want to offend any one's sensibilities (must... avoid... Austen... pun). For those of you who want to watch, here's the link: The Daily What's Book Trailer of the Day. With such a ridiculous trailer, I was confused - is this a movie? a book? What's going on!?

It is indeed a book - as I mentioned, second from Seth Grahame-Smith who landed himself his very own book deal thanks to the hilarious farce he made of Jane Austen's original masterpiece (I mean this in the best way possible) - though there are rumors that this alt-history fiction piece will be made into a movie as well. Quell surprise right?

For those of you who are interested, the book is coming out today (March 2nd!) and you can get it in hardcover from Amazon. Additionally, between you and me, I was shocked at the number of literary mash-ups that are on Amazon these days (Android Karenina? I know I shouldn't find this funny - as an English Major and all - but oh boy, do I!).

Just for fun, here are some reviews to tide you over until the priority shipping comes through:

Hollywood Raw and CNN Entertainment don't seem to share my delight at these literary monstrosities but there's hope for Geek Dad yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment