7/7/10

Book 28 - Eating the Dinosaur by Chuck Klosterman

For those of you who don't know who Chuck Klosterman is (and those of you who didn't read Book 4 - Fargo Rock City), Eating the Dinosaur might seem like a weird title for a book - for the record, it refers to one of the only "reasonable" reasons for time travel - but it's all in line with what I already know about Klosterman.

Klosterman, a long time music and pop culture writer, comes off as someone that you both want to be friends with and someone that you think might be a little bit of a douche bag (pardon the expression). I have no doubt he's a bit of both - who among us doesn't have a dear douche bag friend after all? - but what really matters is that he writes entertaining books.

Eating the Dinosaur, the latest in Klosterman's books, is a book of essays that are only vaguely connected - they're all things that Klosterman finds interesting - but are all interesting and entertaining. I didn't love the book like I loved Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs (the first of Klosterman's book that I read) but I did enjoy it and found cause to read some of the essays out loud - for comedic value.

Klosterman is a smart guy. It's clear through the quality and nature of his writing but I've also come into contact with Klosterman through his guest appearances on the Sportsguy Podcast (Bill Simmons). I always tune in when Klosterman is a guest on the podcast. His somewhat cocky opinions and the way he argues with Simmons has the same comedic value and nature that his writing does.

Like I said...

*Check out Klosterman's Amazon Page and give him a shot - you'll probably find him funny but be sort of annoyed that you didn't think of it first.

No comments:

Post a Comment