2/14/11

2010 in Review

So, it's February (in case you hadn't noticed) and I've yet to recap my 2010 goals and progress... or lack-thereof - let's be honest.

A quick refresher since I first posted these goals back in January 2010 ( a full 13 months ago):

1. Get the official Dr. Mario Record
2. Read 52 books (one a week for you math geniuses)
3. Take the GMAT

For all the nitty gritty details, read the original post: 2010 Quitsville Goals.

The bottom line here is that I was not as successful as one might have hoped. I didn't rock the world of the GMAT nor am I an official Twin Galaxies World Record Holder. Cue sad face.

I did read my 52 books however (54 if we're being exact - reviews still pending) and I did some other things that weren't on the list for 2010 but were on my life list - namely, getting married and going on an awesome trip! They weren't in my bullet pointed list for the year but they're pretty big accomplishments nonetheless.

But, we're not here to talk about success, we're here to talk about how I tanked on my yearly goals and why.

Goal 1 - Get the official Dr. Mario Record
You all know I've gotten the record, you've seen the photo, but sadly that's not enough to have my name immortalized for an unknown period of time on the Twin Galaxies website. No, they need cold, hard proof in the form of an in person viewing of my record game or a recording of said game. This creates two issues for me, the champion: one, the games are freaking long and I don't have anything to record 3+ hours of video game play nor can I even purchase a flipcam with enough time to do so and two, it seems I'm being snubbed by the Twin Galaxies Referee Union.

That's right dear blog readers - Twin Galaxies Referee Dave Nelson refuses to return my emails! Or I'm going into his spam folder. It's hard to tell. Either way, here I am, referee-less, camera-less, record-less.

Goal 3 - The GMAT
I like tests, I do well at them. Sometimes, when things are chaotic, it can be appealing to take a test and get a score and feel successful. But, I'm not entirely sure I want or need the GMAT to meet my life goals. In fact, my life goals are a little... up in the air... at the moment. I love my job, I think I'm good at it... do I want to do it forever? Nah... but the step after that? Still TBD really. GMAT is on hold for the time being. (It's expensive BTW).

So, I read all my books and I did some other big life goal things. Not a bad 2010 actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment