1/3/10

2010 Quitsville Goals

We're three days into 2010 and what have I given you? A whole lot of nothing. But don't be offended - it's not because I haven't been thinking about Quitsville and what 2010 holds for my blog. Quite the contrary. I've been giving a lot of thought to just what, exactly, I want to do with Quitsville this year; what I want to chronicle here and what I want to track.

You all know that I have really come to love writing here and tracking some of my personal goals (both growth related and riculous related) and for 2010, I'm going to continue that trend. What do I want to do in 2010? Don't take these for New Year's Resolutions because that's not what they are. We happen to be at the intersection of the years but these are not changes I want to make to myself or my behavior but rather, steps I want to take, things I want to do. The following goals will serve as the compass for Quitsville for 2010 but you can remain contented knowing that I will almost assuredly stray from these goals with some posts. I personally have started to come around to Mr. Bernanke's "the recession is almost, very nearly, for sure, sort of over" comment so it's likely that posts on that topic will show some fading but unemployment and strategies for success while unemployed as well as the treatment of the unemployed are, sadly, topics that never go out of style. I'm sure I'll throw in some random rants on the world we live in as well as some endorsements of things you might not care about. Quitsville is a random place dear readers and likely to stay that way.

Without further ado, here are the trackable goals (some more than others) for 2010:

1. Finally, for real, get the official record for Dr. Mario. I know this is a bit cheap since I should have polished this off in 2009 but here we are, recordless (officially). In 2010, I will get the record on the arcade machine at Funspot. In addition, I will try my hand at additional platforms (Wii, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Gameboy - they're all fair game). And perhaps, I will look for a new video game quest. Only time will tell.

2. Read 52 books. We all know I obliterated my 10,000 page goal last year and I did so by reading a total of 41 books. What's another 11 I ask you? Okay, it seems pretty ridiculous - I give you that. But, I'm hoping that this goal will encourage me to embrace some different books than those I usually read. Maybe some novellas or shorter fiction, philosophy texts, what have you. We'll see!

3. Study for the GMAT, take the GMAT, conquer the GMAT. Study and take are pretty self explanatory. Conquer? Well, we'll determine what exactly that means when I begin the process. But, I do know that I want to get another degree and the first step on that process is taking the test that will get me into the schools. From what I hear, the GMAT can be a mountain so, if I want to do it, it seems prudent to put it down on "paper".

More goals may arise as we go along and I do have some other smaller ones that are, in fact, more New Year's Resolutiony (go to a networking event at least once a month, try more new things) but those are less fun - at least for me. Between studying for the GMAT (horror), reading 52 books (drama), and obtainging the Dr. Mario world record (comedy), we've covered our bases in terms of genre.

Let 2010 officially begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment