12/29/09

Goalsville: Reviewed

It's been a big year for your Intrepid Blogger. Though my dear little blog has only been up for a part of the year (since August) I'm sure you can all gather enough information to know that it was a long time coming. It seems only fitting that to end 2009, I give you all a rundown of where we stand on the various goals I've outlined in my posts:

Goal: Survive After Quitting My Job in a Recession
Success Rate: 100%
I thought I'd start on a high note here folks. Quitsville was started with the notion that I would spend sep-dec 2009 (at least) scrounging for money and work. The job market was not a friendly place to me in the earlier part of 2009 and I had really no reason to believe that would change when I quit my job - but I had a really remarkable support network and the belief that I had to do it; so I quit anyway. And here I am, 4 short months later, happy and successful in a new company with people I respect and like (not always the same thing). So, consider this goal met (really, knocked out of the park if we're being honest).

Goal: Obtain the World Record in Dr. Mario
Success Rate: 50%
Let's be honest, I've made some great progress on the Road to the Record but bottom line - I do NOT have the record in hand. The fact that I have proven (if only to myself and you dear readers) that I can do it is HUGE so I feel I'm owed some percentage of success even if, in the end, I have not met my goal. 2010... watch out.

Goal: Read 10,000 Pages During the Calendar Year
Success Rate: 138%
You read right! Not only did I meet this goal but I surpassed it by 3,825 pages. I have to admit that I'm pretty pleased with myself on this one. I've read some amazing books and every minute that I spent reading is meaningful to me (sorry if that's a little nerdish). There are a lot of things to spend time on in life and it's difficult to set aside an hour to read sometimes. However, I've never regretted it when I have.

Happy New Year dear readers! I've been spending some time thinking about the future of Quitsville... there will be one... but you'll have to wait until 2010 to find out what it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment