1/11/10

Book 2 - Grayson by Lynne Cox


Week two of the Book a Week challenge and I'm going strong! This week's book was Grayson by Lynne Cox. Grayson is the (true) story of Lynne's experience swimming off the coast of Southern California with a baby whale. It's a very sweet story, something I don't often say about the books I read. The books I read are typically dark and frought with complications and weirdness but Grayson was none of those things. Even though it was, sort of, a story about the possible death of the baby whale, you always knew it would work out. It was sweet and nice and would have been perfect to read on a cold, dark, winter day. Much like ALL the days I am having now.

I will admit, the book won't revolutionize the way I think about writing or structure nor will it stick with me in the way other books tend to. But it was a delightful way to spend my train commute time.

Click here to read a review of Grayson by Story Lover


Click here to read another post on Grayson by Seven Shooting Stars in One Night

Click here to read Page 247's Review of Grayson (spoiler alert: they also think it's sweet)

No comments:

Post a Comment