11/16/09

Road to the Record: 1,005,400


Yes, this isn't an official Funspot score - you're not allowed to go to the arcade when you're home sick with a head cold. But I could not resist posting this score as it is the first time I've scored over a million. Turns out the idea of getting the Game Boy Advance version of Dr. Mario was a good one as it's allowed me some really critical practice time these last few days.

Hitting a million is, to be blunt, pretty sweet. It's not on the Nintendo or at Funspot so it's not exactly the record I'm going for and it's not video taped or witnessed (by an official) but it's still pretty cool. It also beats out a lot of the registered scores!

Arcade - 960,000
Gameboy - 522,000
Game Boy Advance - 193,600
Nintendo - 1,358,400
WiiWare (single level) - 99,200
WiiWare (multiple levels) - 643,000
Super Nintendo - 1,216,600

The euphoria of hitting a million points has had 3 basic effects on me:

1. Urge to buy an original Gameboy is rising and may become uncontrollable.
2. Urge to buy a video camera is rising and may become uncontrollable (even though I should really just use my digital camera).
3. Urge to visit Funspot again is rising and may become uncontrollable (but when, oh when, will I be able to do that in the midst of all the holiday merrymaking?!).

2 comments:

  1. All those points and only through level 19? Methinks you're a few lucky pills away from blowing this thing out of the water. (I assume it's either die in the first 10 pills of a level or survive all the way through to the next?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most certainly correct... Those later - levels 19+ really - are really tricky at the beginning. The virii are stacked nearly to the top.

    ReplyDelete