11/3/09

My Secret Goal - Unleashed


Hello dear readers! As some of you may know, November is National Novel Writing Month - I'm guessing actually, that most of you do not know this. That said, it is National Novel Writing Month!

What does that mean for you? Probably not a lot - except a handful of blog posts from yours truly about writing a novel. What does that mean for me? A great deal more!

As I shamelessly admitted in My Secret Goal - Explained, it has always been my dream to be an actual author - to have a book written and published and read! I've also long lamented the fact that I do very little actual writing (outside of work) and that I am not as diligent in search of my dreams as one might hope.

National Novel Writing Month is a great way to kick start your own novel writing aspirations. Sure, you're probably not going to write the next great American anything in the span of a month but what you will do is write some things down. Get some words on paper and some ideas out in the open. There's also a certain amount of camaraderie that can be found in National Novel Writing Month. We all know how many really just crap novels there are in the world but how many would be authors stay in the shadows because of fear of failure or lack of time or just general ennui? Let me tell you - at least one.

So for November, I will be doing my best to write. I'm a few days late in starting which definitely doesn't help but I'm 2 pages down on my way to the goal of 175 pages (set by NaNoWriMo itself). I'll keep you guys updated on my progress.

In the meantime, why not join National Novel Writing Month yourself? Give it a shot! And if you let me know your login name, we can be friends and cheer each other on!

Click here to sign up for National Novel Writing Month

P.S. National Novel Writing Month is a not for profit endeavor and they are taking donations. I've tweeted about this post under my @Quitsville name - retweet me and I'll donate $1 to NANOWRIMO ($1 per RT up to $100 - I am still a starving artist after all).

No comments:

Post a Comment