6/6/11

Bob's Sandwich Challenge... Thwarted Again!

Alright, alright... I know. Here I am, talking about this weekly sandwich challenge and really, I'm only eating sandwiches every other week. Well, you have a point there... but to be honest, there's a lot of food out there and it's not all in sandwich form. Some of it comes in funfetti cake, some of it comes in the form of an entire pig (more on that later), and some of it comes... in beautiful, foil-wrapped packages of brisket.

That's right ladies and gentlemen. I said brisket. Nate decided it was time to give the ole smoker another turn on the dance floor and decided that this time, he'd give brisket a try. He's only used the smoker once to date (last fall - ribs) but I know he's been eager to break it out again. We picked up an 11 pound mother of a brisket at the Meat House in Arlington (an amazing meat shoppe BTW) which he trimmed and rubbed yesterday. Today, we started bright and early and after a few hiccups (i.e. starting the smoker on the 3rd floor porch only to have to move it downstairs) we were off to the races... you know, metaphorically.

Even with the hiccups, Nate did an amazing job with the brisket. It was succulent but crispy - amazing. I'm pretty sure I can't say it better than:


For the record, I wasn't sitting on my laurels while Nate was smoking the beef. I did some serious yardwork and pulled together some yummy sides (if I don't say so myself) for our impromptu BBQ - watermelon & strawberry salad, sweet & spicy coleslaw, baked beans, corn muffins, and rice krispy treats.

Nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment