6/8/11

Goal: Get a Dog!

For those of you who know me personally, you know that I have {desperately} wanted a dog for roughly... forever - otherwise known as about 5-6 years. Now that Nate and I have our own place, everyone is under the impression that a dog is imminent.

They're right! We're slated to get our doggie this coming weekend (she's coming from an organization in Indiana) - stay tuned for details.

In the meantime, we've been prepping the house and buying all sort of doggie-related items from PetSmart. I also spent a fair part of the last weekend finishing up a sweater blanket that I started over a year ago - I finally have the right motivation!


This isn't a great photo but I think you get the idea. It's a new dog blanket made of old sweaters! It was pretty easy to pull together and I think it'll be very cozy.

Sweater Blanket:

1. Wash and dry old sweaters (drying them helps to avoid pulling after the blanket has been put together
2. Cut Sweaters into squares or rectangles (I believe mine were 8" square)
3. Sew together (1 to 1, then 2 to 2, 4 to 4, you get the idea)
4. Do a quick stitch around the edges to avoid fraying (FYI: I didn't have too much trouble with each of the squares fraying - just wanted to avoid it o the entire blanket)

Voila! A cozy doggie (or person) blanket!

No comments:

Post a Comment