9/29/09

10,000 pages and counting

This may or may not come as a newsflash to all of you but I'm a pretty big book nerd. I just really like reading. I know... I know...

That said, one of my 2008 goals was to read 10,000 pages over the course of the year. Sadly, I fell short by 12 pages. 12 pages!! It was horrendous. Granted, for the pages to count I had to have finished the book so... I probably did hit the 10,000 pages but, this is a rules game my friends.

Good news? This morning I pushed my 2009 tally over 10,000 pages (to 10,037 to be exact)! I know I haven't officially announced this goal to the blogosphere but I feel the nerdy victory needs to be celebrated nonetheless. I'm pretty jazzed about the whole thing - especially because I've accomplished a yearly goal an entire quarter early!

Alright, enough of my self important smugness, on to the list!

Animal Vegetable Miracle - Barbara Kingsolver (400)
The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold (328)
Magical Thinking - Augusten Burroughs (268)
In the Forest - Edna O'Brien (273)
Kept: A Comedy of Sex and Manners - Y. Euny Hong (268)
The Memory Keeper's Daughter - Kim Edwards (401)
The Abstinence Teacher - Tom Perotta (368)
A Star Called Henry - Roddy Doyle (342)
Maynard & Jennica - Rudolph Delson (296)
Blindness - Jose Saramago (326)
Pride & Prejudice & Zombies - Seth Grahame-Smith and Jane Austen (320)
On Chesil Beach - Ian McEwan (176)
Everything You Know - Zoe Heller (198)
Bridge of Sighs - Richard Russo (642)
Forever in Blue - Fourth Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants - Anne Brashares (416)
The Mermaid Chair - Sue Monk Kidd (332)
Taft - Ann Patchett (246)
Third Summer of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants - Anne Brashares (338)
The Magician's Assistant - Ann Patchett (357)
The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao - Junot Diaz (337)
Q & A - Vikas Swarup (336)
In Defense of Food - Michael Pollan (206)
Second Summer of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants - Anne Brashares (373)
White Tiger - Aravind Adiga (276)
Joe College - Joe Perotta (306)
Epileptic - David B. (166)
This Common Secret - Susan Wicklund (268)
A Good and Happy Child - Justin Evans (322)
My Century - Gunter Grass (276)
This is Your Brain on Music - Daniel Levitin (261)
Txtng: the gr8 db8 - David Crystal (232)
boy meets girl - Meg Cabot (383)

What have you read this year? Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment