9/22/09

Wrap-Up of Almost News

Hello dear readers. I apologize for the lack of posts in the past few days. You already know that weekends are hard for me - in terms of posting. I've been running around like a crazy person the past few days and honestly, nothing has really tickled my fancy enough to comment.

In lieu of a full on post, I've decided to give you a quick wrap-up of some of the things I've read. Articles that warrant one or two sentences of comment but not an entire post, as it were.

1. California is the most jobless it's been in 70 years. This seems shocking. 70 years?! Is this really a reflection of the recession in California or are more people moving to the big C-A to be unemployed in the sun? I'm not saying that's a bad plan, I'm just asking is all.
Click here to read the entire article in The New York Times

2. Maryland is the country's top earning state (over $70k btw). Really? Maryland? And yes, I know, Maryland is more expensive to live in than say, oh Mississippi (quoted in the piece) but let's be frank. Is it more expensive than oh, California (see above), New York? Massachusetts? I'm guessing no but maybe I'm wrong.
Click here to read the entire article on CNNMoney

3. Turns out California isn't the only state that's hurting. The United States lost fewer jobs in August than we did in July (by about 60k) but 27 states (+ DC) saw their unemployment rates rise.
Read the entire article on USA Today

No comments:

Post a Comment