9/10/09

All quiet...

I have to admit to you all that I'm feeling pretty uninspired for blog posts today. I've read a number of relevant articles - including one on what ugly people should do to be hired and the fact that the American workforce is increasing in age - but nothing is stimulating my blogging creativity.

I have a theory that my focus is being held elsewhere as we watch the country duke it out (metaphorically and literally) over universal health care. I'll try not to let this get partisan but there is something in my patriotic blood (this is only partially sarcastic) that gets pretty rankled when someone blatantly attacks the president.

Yes, we should have an open discourse on policy and yes, everyone has a say and even yes, I have entirely, 100% openly disagreed with past presidents. However, I'm not an elected official and the scope of the folks listening while I dissented? Pretty tiny overall.

I, of course, have my own very strident opinions on what should or should not happen with Universal Health Care and who should or should not be covered, but I'll keep those to myself until this turns into a political blog. For now, I'll just mention the obvious. A bad day at my job doesn't compare.

No comments:

Post a Comment