9/14/09

Quitsville becoming Goalville?

As some of you know, I've really been struggling with what is going to happen to Quitsville now that I'm well... not quitting anymore. And I'm gainfully employed. And not broke (relatively). And, the whole point of trying to survive without a real life job is gone.

So... what now? I love writing in here regularly and am attached to the voice I've created. I don't want to switch names so Quitsville is sticking around - even if it doesn't make sense.

In thinking through this I've struck upon an idea. Yes, Quitsville was about quitting my job and about quitting the negative situation I was in. But more than that, it was about taking action to change the things I wanted to change. In a way, it was about taking control of the situation and not being the victim... essentially, my goal was to leave my job and quitting was the means of achieving that goal.

I know, it's a stretch. But honestly, I've been wracking my brain trying to think of things I want to quit. And there are things yes. I want to quit eating like a savage on the weekends. I want to quit avoiding the gym. Etc. But I'm certainly not going to write a blog about my quest to eat more carrot sticks on Saturday. Because, really, who cares?

What does this all mean? Quitsville will keep its name (and I will do my best to write in quitting lingo - as well as maintain the commentary on the wacky world of employment) but we're switching gears folks. Starting this week, I'm going to focus on what I want to START not what I want to STOP (or okay, what I want to quit not doing - happy?).

I'm saving the unveiling of the goals for another day but stay tuned, they're coming. Ridiculous, fulfilling, for the maintenance of health or sanity - no rock unturned.

No comments:

Post a Comment