8/21/09

Last Day

It's been an intense week readers. Today is my official last day at my job and I am scrambling to get everything squared away in a way that doesn't leave anyone in the lurch. The general consensus amongst my comrades is that I shouldn't put so much effort into a place that feel so short with me. But, for those of you who don't know me well, that's not how I roll. If I leave things untied and undone, it will only make me unsettled and bothered. And I know who will get dumped on - and so do all of you.

Nearly 4 years worth of emails and projects and documents... and it's all being compiled into folders and a transition binder. It's startling to see how much I have accomplished and learned but also how insignificant a lot of it has become even a few short years later. A good lesson in the sustainability of your work efforts and the time you put in. I wasn't curing cancer but I was by no means working for the man either. But there are things I see that will be forgotten when I leave. Whole sections of information and experiences will die with me.

I know it sounds dramatic but it's a little sad to think of what they'll be missing. I know they'll go on just fine and that I am replaceable (as we all are) but... well, it's going to be a different place without me.

No comments:

Post a Comment