8/2/09

Let's Rewind

I know the blog has been around for a few days not but it seems as good a time as any to give you some background on myself, your intrepid blogger.

Quitsville USA is the culmination of many months of struggle in my current position with my current employer. I don't want to get personal on these hallowed pages but let's just say that I haven't been happy, challenged or respected in quite awhile. In addition, I'm no good at leaving things at work, and my unhappiness is spilling over into my personal relationship is an entirely unsustainable manner.

I've been my company for 3+ years - a good portion of that time spent learning and on a growth plan that exceeded my goals. I truly loved my job and loved the people I worked with. In short, I was intolerable at parties.

Due to new management (of the company and of myself) and some very important changes in my job description, the situation is now vastly different and requires an exit strategy. Like the end of most relationships this entails a bittersweet period of mourning - for what I once had and for what I once expected from this job.

So, here I am - mentally preparing to quit my job in an economic downturn with no sure source of employment. It's risky but I believe it's the right decision and I have a strong support network behind me.

This blog will chronicle the ups and downs (both emotionally and financially) or the quitting process and the path to a new step for my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment