8/30/09

What to Quit Now?

Though I do have to take everything in The Quit with a grain of salt, something Evan Harris wrote has proved true. "Once you quit something, you'll want to quit more things." For me, it's not the quitting I want to do more of, necessarily, but something similar. Quitting my job and taking control of the negative situation in my life made me feel good. Even though it was scary and uncertain, it felt like a step towards deciding what type of person I want to be. Not the type to put up with a situation that is crap, not the type to let fear be the deciding factor. It helped, of course, that I have a solid support system and that I was willing to work to figure it out.

But now, that it's all worked out so magnificently... I want more. What else do I want to say about myself? What other characteristics do I want to have? What else am I missing that I want or what do I have that I don't want?

Last week, I saw the popular movie Julie and Julia based on a book based on a blog. It's cliche to say but I felt a certain amount of momentum after the movie. I love writing this blog - much more than I thought I would. And yes, the original point of Quitsville has been rendered irrelevant. But that doesn't mean that it can't continue, reinvented in a new project.

If there's one thing I love - it's a project.

No comments:

Post a Comment