8/31/09

Opening a Door

So one thing I do know about the blog is that I don't really want it to be about my new job. Besides getting really boring for all of you by the second week, a job is not really the essence of Quitsville (obviously).

However, a first day is much more in line with what Quitsville is all about. And today, is my first day at this new job. It feels very reminiscent of a first day at school in a new year. This weekend I went out at the request of the new job and bought a new computer (it's red) to use at work. At my own behest, I bought a new notebook. I've pre-packed my lunch and pre-planned my outfit. I've studied the bus time table and allotted extra time for the trains... If I weren't myself I'd think it was fairly cute.

It's the beginning of something and that feels great. There is an excitement and an expectancy in my gut that I haven't felt in quite awhile. Nerves and anxiety too but let's hope that's first day only.

2 comments:

  1. I assume they're reimbursing you for the computer...?

    You'll do awesomely, Intrepid Blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. September starts tomorrow too...it's like the first day of school!

    ReplyDelete